Tuesday, June 17, 2008

There comes a time

There comes a time when you just have to figure out your life. When you really need to examine what's important, what needs to change, what's not working...
Being so young, it feels like I have an awful lot of adult choices to make that I didn't expect to be making for another several years. The age-old question: to have more kids, or to not have more kids?
I didn't expect to have to answer that for a LONG time, but I also didn't count on the fact that I'd have three kids in three years! I would love to have more kids, but I have to decide what the reality is for us, for our situation. I have to figure out what's best for all of us as a family, and that is SO hard!!!
We've also decided that it's time to part ways with our beloved dogs, Mia and Kojak. We can't give them the love and attention they need, they deserve much better than what we can offer them. In my search to find homes for them, I came across a wonderful couple who will be adopting Kojak. The husband used to show St. Bernards which is a huge plus because he's familiar with large breeds and the problems they can have. This is in Kojak's best interest because we don't know what to do for him if he gets sick or hurt, we can't handle the problems that large breeds sometimes have. These people seem more than well-equipped to deal with anything that may come along.
As for Mia, well, not many people want a Blue Heeler. They can be rowdy, but they are such a bundle of love. I had one family express interest in her, but I'm not sure they are the right family for her. She requires a lot of attention and play, and they have two young kids and two other dogs.
This is such a hard thing to do, but I guess that's all part of the life-long road of maturation. Making big decisions you really don't want to make, but have to for the good of everyone/everything involved.
*sigh*
So, I'm really bummed right now. I just hope this can happen quickly, I don't want to prolong the sadness :(

0 comments: