Friday, January 30, 2009

My husband ROCKS Friday!!!

Prompt/Theme for Friday, January 30, 2009
. . . the moment or the circumstances that led to you knowing that you were going to marry the man who became your husband . . .

I am more excited about this prompt for the very reason that this is one of the moments that I can remember EVERY single detail about, but also one of the moments I hold very near and dear to my heart.


BUT...I remember the *very* moment I knew he was 'the one' like it was yesterday. It was Easter weekend and I had driven up to Coeur d'alene to meet his whole family. We were sitting in church on a Saturday afternoon to listen to his sister's husband (Billy) sing in the choir. I was sitting there, there was a person drawing a sketch along with the song they were singing and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I just *knew* something was going on. I KNEW at that very moment that this was the man I was to be with. I mean, he got me in to a CHURCH for crying out loud!!! Any person who could have done that was worthy of a medal, because i was hard-pressed to NEVER let that happen!

I look back at that moment very, very fondly. It is truly one of the greatest memories of my life-as I'm sure it is for most people. I don't know, I've never had a moment be that profound for me or have that kind of impact on me. It was just a sense of "wow, THIS is supposed to happen" that was so comforting and exciting. It was on our drive back from that weekend that I said my very first "I Love You" to him.

1 comments:

dana said...

that's awesome! Sounds like a very sweet memory :)