Tuesday, January 13, 2009

That *Inkling*

Ever get the feeling that you made a mistake...that little inkling, irk, whatever you wish to call it?

I tend to be extremely indecisive, so even picking a major for college was a big deal for me. I've always wanted to be in the health industry. I'd prefer to be a nurse or something, but you can't do online school for that!!! So, I settled on health administration and I feel like I made a mistake. I feel like I should have selected something more...I don't know...useful? I mean, I'm kind of limiting myself with the h.a. major, but I was planning on minoring in business.

So, I emailed my academic adviser about switching my major for h.a to business...even though I *hate* business, it would probably lead to a lot more opportunities. Well, I have to completely REAPPLY in order to switch my major. I don't know how that affects my financial aid and my loans if I have to do that and I do NOT have an application fee or anything, but I thought it was a simple piece of paper you could fill out and send in, not having to completely reapply!

I don't know what to do. I really dread the idea of having to study business as a major, I much prefer health administration because that's ultimately what I want to do...and with it being such a hassle to switch, I feel like I should just stick with what I have, minor in business, and then go back after I'm done and get my Master's degree in business (MBA) with a concentration in health administration. I don't know, I think my system works out well, but what will employers think??? Ya know? I mean, sure, I have my major in health admin, but I minored in business, so would they still hire me???

Ugh, I hate this. I hate the idea that I made a boo-boo in selecting something that I actually *like* for my major!!!

0 comments: