Friday, February 27, 2009

My husband ROCKS Friday!!!

There's no prompt for this week, so I will just share something about Brandon!

Recently, I was feeling pretty defeated. With school, the kids, my faith...I was just beat down and feeling yucky.

So about three weeks ago I had a paper due for my English class. I was considering not turning anything in and just 'getting by' in the class and passing with *maybe* a C if I was lucky.

Brandon knows how important school is to me, but he also realized how lost I was. He has never, ever sat down with me before and really helped me work through a problem. Ever. But he did that night. He sat down with me and helped me work through the essay prompt and gather ideas about what to write.

He *encouraged* me in a way that he never, ever has before. Just having him sit there and actively listen to me and help me work through my rough patch meant so much to me! Even if he didn't understand what I was talking about, he was there to toss ideas at me as well as listen to my own and make suggestions.

Because of him taking time out of his night, doing what HE wanted to do and helping me instead, he gave me courage and optimism and FAITH (in myself) when I had none left. That was just so awesome of him!

0 comments: