Friday, April 3, 2009

My husband ROCKS Friday!!!

So, it's Friday...My husband ROCKS day :)

This week has been a really tough week for the both of us. We're both struggling with some issues I wish we'd never have to confront...
My husband ROCKS because he is not afraid to show me that he's vulnerable, that he's hurting, that he is having issues.

Most guys put on that macho front that nothing bothers them; that everything is okay. I have struggled to make him realize that it's okay for him to be vulnerable around me, and when he's hurting, he can come to ME, he doesn't have to deal with it on his own. And well, this week, that he did :) He came to me and expressed his feelings of jealousy, pain, anger, frustration, resentment, and then ultimately happiness when he realized that sometimes God sees fit to bless us in other ways than what we would wish.

My husband also rocks because he could see how much all of this is affecting me and made a decision to find a way for us to go visit my mom this weekend in Washington.

We have had some good laughs this week as well, and that is yet another reason my husband particularly rocks this week is because he knows what it takes to lift both of our spirits...even if it means him sitting down and watching 27 Dresses because he knows it will make me happy.

Well...probably should sign off here. Owen is trying to open a container of Ricotta cheese because he's convinced that it's yogurt :(

3 comments:

dana.brandon & ethan. said...

You guys are an awesome couple!
Somewhat of a cheesy "inspiration" if you will..

:)

Enjoy your weekend hun!

Tammy said...

Enjoy reading your post...I like how you were able to look beyond your troubles and focus on the good. Have a great weekend!

Katy Lin :) said...

:( hope you guys have a great, great weekend! i'll be praying for you both!