Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Word-filled Wednesday



Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Philippians 4:6



This morning as I was laying in bed, I realized how much worry I carry as a woman/mother/wife. It is nearly impossible for me to 'let it go' as everyone says I should. There are constantly things to worry about, and I have been a chronic worrier since childhood. I felt compelled to do a word-filled Wednesday based on how we are, as daughters of the Lord, supposed to bring our worries to HIM and let HIM deal with them!


Can you imagine how freeing it would be to cast all worries on someone else? As daughters of Christ, we have that luxury, because Our Father wants us to do that! Oh, what an amazing concept...put my worries up to the One who is in control!


After all, it's not like I really have much control over things, so why worry about them, right?!
For more WFW, visit the 160 acre wood at : http://the160acrewoods.com/?page_id=755

9 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Isn't it amazing how much He is willing to bear for us? All we have to do is hand it over. Thanks for this encouragement.

Happy WFW to you.

Bri Schaaf said...

What a wonderful gift your verse was today. I share so many of your concerns and thoughts. What a terrific reminder.
Thanks for posting this. Have a blessed day.

Janet said...

Such a beautiful verse! Thank you for bringing it to my attention again, and for such an encouraging post.

Blessings to you!

Denise said...

I really like this sweetie.

Mary Moss said...

Christina, glad I stopped by for WFW. I also struggle with giving "it" to God! When I do actually let go, He does indeed lift my burdens.

Cathy said...

We all need to cast our cares on Him. Thanks for that Word.

Susan said...

Great word!!!

Thanks for sharing♥

Samantha said...

Such a heart-touching post. I also have been a life long worrier, but
now I know I can let the Lord take care of them, he is so good.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and also for sharing this wonderful scripture.
Hugs and blessings to you dear.

Amydeanne said...

Happy WFW!