Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting ready for baby!

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted an update, so here goes!

I went to Colorado for a week at the end of May to see family. I'm sure at some point I'll have pictures up on Picasa from the trip, but I've been so busy with other things it will probably be awhile!

School: Oh school...how I hate you sometimes! There's been plenty of drama surrounding the whole 'pursuit of education' thing right now. From student loan mishaps to classes that like to change their books on me at the last minute, I feel like I've run the gauntlet and I'm just ready for something easy. On the other hand...I've still managed to maintain a 4.0 GPA! Not too shabby for being in my second year already! Wonder when they'll do the Dean's list so I can post a link and brag some more?

BABY GIRL: We're just gearing up for the baby girl about to join the family in...hm, 16 weeks? Four months to go...it seems so short! We have a name picked out, solely Brandon's decision, and he also picked out her crib set, which I ordered last night. It can be seen here: http://www.beyond-bedding.com/pink-camouflage-army-camo-baby-girl-crib-bedding.html

Of course we didn't pay what they're selling it for there (thank you EBAY!) but it's a great start to getting her little room ready. Now just need to decide when Jacek will be ready to move to the room downstairs, and we'll put Justin in his own room.

Housing projects: With baby girl coming along, we have a ton of housing projects to get done. We need to get the guest bedroom made in to Justin's room, and that means we need to build a darn closet in there. A *real* closet! Then, I need to sand down the God-awful wood stuff that's on the bottom half of the wall. It'll be easier and cheaper than replacing with drywall. Then I need to find a new bed and bedding...Oh Lord, it never ends! I'm still waiting for the second half of my darn bathroom to get done...Oh how I miss having a bathroom door! But, that might be another year out, as it will be a bit more difficult and extensive than the other part of the bathroom was because there will be rewiring and TONS of drywall to do, as well as new flooring, painting, and a few new doorways.

*sigh*

So much to do...yet it feels like we have such little time to do it!

0 comments: