Friday, July 24, 2009

5 YEARS!


July 24, 2004 was a day that I will always remember. I woke up and a mysterious breeze from nowhere knocked over a statue in our room. Walking outside, I encountered a HUGE black garter snake. Being pregnant, I had no nice dresses that fit and we were 'late' getting to the courthouse.

My wedding day certainly didn't start out ideally or like most wedding days, but it was mine and I was darned to let circumstances get the best of me.

At the courthouse, it just so happens the computers for the marriage licenses were down. Everything had to be done manually, and we missed our appointment at "The Hitching Post" to get married. Luckily, we were able to reschedule for later that day.

Just after we finally got our license filled out and everything was ready to go, everyone *else* was late for my wedding! My mom and brother went to the store to get me something to eat and got lost, so we had to reschedule our wedding *yet again* and I was beginning to get discouraged.

But, at the end of the day, it all came together. Brandon and I exchanged our vows in that HOT little building in front of our families, and I began the best journey of my life...

So today, it's five years of marriage that we are celebrating. We've certainly had our fair share of trials, but we've come out on top each time. Sometimes I feel like our wedding day was an indication of the challenges we would face as man and wife. We certainly had our obstacles to a happy wedding day with all the things that went wrong, but in the end our stubborn butts made it through!

So Bran, I LOVE YOU! I look forward to a lifetime of anniversaries with you. All the complications, all the challenges that come up and brick walls that we might face we'll face TOGETHER. I feel so honored to be your best friend, life partner, confidante, mother of your children, and your WIFE!

Happy FIVE year anniversary, love!

2 comments:

dana.brandon & ethan. said...

AWE! that is so sweet!!! :)

Samantha said...

Happy Anniversary to you dear one !
We just celebrated a wedding anniversary also.
~ Blessings dear friend.