Monday, January 25, 2010

Understanding

"Hear my cry, O God; Listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I, For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. For you have heard my vows, O God; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name. "
Psalm 61:1-5

My heart is heavy this morning. That "winter" season that I spoke of is blatantly obvious this morning. So, I did the only thing that I knew how to do: pray.

So I prayed...and I prayed some more. Nursing Hannah, I prayed. I flipped open my Bible for the first time (eek) in a long time, and the above psalm jumped out at me. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint. Why did that jump out at me? What am I supposed to be learning? I can certainly relate to the faint heart, and I have been calling. Perhaps this is a slap in the face that God is hearing me? I don't think this is meant to give me an answer that I've been looking for, but rather confirmation. Confirmation that I'm being heard.

Nevertheless, my heart is still heavy, I'm still scared. Perhaps I just don't see the ways that God is providing for us. The way I think we *need* him to provide for us isn't the way he *is* providing for us, perhaps? Once again, what are we supposed to learn?


Oh who knows. None of us have the answers, so I suppose that means I turn to the One who does!

1 comments:

Mrs A said...

((((dear one))) I can so relate to your posting. He is our all and all and He will always provide and teach us and grow us in the process :)

be encouraged in Him as David encouraged himself in the LORD :)