Friday, June 25, 2010

Thankful Journal: Day 2

Okay, so here I am on day 2 of my lovely thankful journal, and I have to admit I'm not particularly in the thankful spirit. Kids awake at 4 AM, then wake up Hannah, have a hard time getting back to sleep. Finally manage to get some sleep and Brandon wakes me up at 6:45, I get heartburn from my oatmeal, the kids have *destroyed* a house that was cleaned yesterday in anticipation for my mom's arrival today. I can't even get 15 minutes to shower and dress without having someone screaming at me or bugging me. And where the heck did my nail clippers go?
So, needless to say, I am not in a thankful spirit. Nonetheless, the Lord commands that we need to have a spirit of thanksgiving:
Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

Psalms 50:14 
 
Cue the whiny child voice..."BUT I DON'T WANNA BE THANKFUL!" On a morning such as this, what do I have to be thankful for?
1. I am thankful for the chaos, because there is some lonely person out there in a quiet house wishing they had what I have.
2. I am thankful for the crazy kids that God has blessed me with, because they keep me on my toes.
3. I am thankful that God has taught me to deal with the kids in a meek and patient manner (most of the time).
4. I am thankful that I even HAVE kids to drive me crazy. Once again, someone out there has spent tens of thousands of dollars and multiple medical treatments to even just.have.one.baby.
5. I am thankful for the gift of salvation from the Lord God Almighty! AMEN!

Come to think of it, I do have things to be thankful for today. Despite the craziness that this morning has been, I am commanded to
Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.

1 Chronicles 16:11 
 
Hm, that's just what I plan to do today while I deal with hurricane Lickfold boys and constantly follow Hannah around as she scoots about trying to put every teeny, tiny little object in her mouth. How she even sees some of this stuff is beyond me.
 
Have a blessed and thankful day everyone!

0 comments: