Monday, June 28, 2010

Thankful Journal: Day 3

Today, I have a heavy burden...I have to write an outline for a paper that I have no idea how to do. The question is vague and I have a very hard time with broad or vague prompts when writing an essay. Give me a set topic that's boom boom boom and I'll research the bejeezus out of it and write one heck of a paper, but you give me these vague assignments and it's like I'm trying to build a rocket. I don't get it. 
This isn't the first time this has happened. I have had many a vague topic, be it discussion posts (aw crud, I have to do four responses today...darn it!) or papers. Somehow, I always manage to get through it. In the 2 years I've been going to college, there was only one paper that I was not able to write, but imagine my surprise when there was only ONE person in that class of 20+ students who wrote it because the rest were as lost as me.
As I said, I've always been able to manage up some sort of paper, and I've always aced it. Maybe it's my incredible ability to work under pressure (which can get me in trouble with procrastination), but I also think that this is something of a God thing! He gives me that burst of energy, committment, and strength to go ahead and do what I need to do. He always gets me through it. 

1. I am thankful that God is blessing my school career!
2. I am glad that God has given me such great strength to persevere even when it seems impossible!
3. I am thankful for my researching abilities!
4. I am thankful for a family who, for the most part, understands that "mommy has homework" 
5. I am thankful for the gift of salvation from our Lord God Almighty!

And keep the charge of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:

1 Kings 2:3 

0 comments: