Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thankful Journal: Day 4


Since it's my baby boy's 3rd birthday today, I'm going to do something a little bit different. This thankful journal entry is going to be all about him!
June 29, 2007, 1:08 PM, 9 lbs 5 oz. Don't ask me how long he was because I don't remember. 
Jacek was my biggest baby at 9.5, but he was also my only breech baby, and Lord knows I felt it. I felt like I was going to break, and well, pregnancy was interesting because he used my bladder to shadowbox apparently. It's funny because I don't usually put much stock in to astrology signs or anything, but he is definitely a Cancer to a 'T'...
Anywho, Jacek has always been my big boy. Not so much tall, but he's short, stocky, and as my grandpa (from whom he got his middle name) and my mom would say, "built like a brick sh*thouse". He's sensitive. VERY sensitive. He's tough too, though; it's quite an interesting thing-physically tough, emotionally sensitive. So, I've enjoyed him very much as he still needs "mommy" cuddles every day, sometimes quite a bit. 
Jacek sure does give me a run for my money, though. The boy is sneaky, as in ninja sneaky. I could be sitting somewhere and he can come right up in front of me, take something, and then 5 minutes later I'm looking around going "where in the heck did that go". Jacek also enjoys climbing door jambs, climbing up the shelves in the pantry, and trying to ride our poor dog Mia like a horse. He has virtually no fear, so he won't be getting his drivers license until he's 25 if I have my way! The boy turned a canopy to a barbie bed in to a skateboard the other day, so his first car will be a vespa, or a Volkswagen bug, or aha, a motorized lounge chair...that's more like it. 



Today I am thankful for:
1. The tough little boy that really is just a big teddy bear!
2. The persistent little boy who never gives up on a challenge!
3. The loving little boy who LOVES to give hugs and kiss booboos!
4. The talented little boy who has a natural knack for sports!
5. The smart little boy who can figure out just about anything!

Jacey bear, it's always a pleasure being your mom!

0 comments: