Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thankful Journal: Day 13

Gosh, I am so bad. I missed yesterday too :( In my defense, I had a giant paper due on the personality theory I will choose to implement in my human services career. There was more to it than that...I promise!

So a lot of change has been going on around here. I don't know if I like it or not, since I have been more confused than normal! 

There has been a HUGE discussion on school in one of my groups that has really got me thinking. I love this group because they are so wonderful to provide spiritual and moral support, but also to open my mind to God's true plan for my life. They're like the people who sell me the road map...or like the person who gives me directions on where I need to go when I am "lost". I promise I am going somewhere with this...

Not only have I been convicted of several personal, spiritual issues, but I am beginning to be convicted in the realm of education as well. I have zero desire to homeschool. Or so I thought. Suddenly, I'm feeling freaked out and compelled to at least research it and see about it being a possible option for the kids' educations. So here I am, a student myself, thinking of taking on probably the largest responsibility when it comes to my kids: their education. It's not as if I wasn't responsible for it to begin with; I could choose which school to send them to, whether to bus or drive them myself. And I have looooong thought that school was a "rite of passage" that my kids would go through. But now, I'm really starting to wonder about homeschooling. I tried homeschooling Justin with preschool, but I got so fatigued from taking care of the boys and being pregnant that it fell by the wayside. Ultimately, I'm just not sure I could do it. I hate closing this post with uncertainty, but that's all I really have to say at this point...I need to go contemplate this weird feeling that I have in chest. 

1. I am thankful for the ability to pray; to lay it all out there for God to handle!
2. I am thankful for the answers that I KNOW God will provide me with!
3. I am thankful that I live in a state where, if I choose to, homeschooling is allowed!
4. I am thankful that God puts these things on my heart. It makes me a stronger, more well-rounded person!
5. I am thankful for the gift of salvation from the Lord God Almighty! AMEN!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

0 comments: