Friday, July 2, 2010

Thankful Journal: Day 7

Day 7 marks 35 things that I have been thankful about thus far. By the time I'm done, I'll have recorded a whopping 150 things that I am thankful for. It doesn't matter if they're big or small things, the point is to remember just how lucky I am and how much God has blessed me. 
Last night Brandon and I watched Fireproof. Okay, I've been waiting for three years to see this movie but "never got around to it". Well, I truly believe God's timing is pretty flippin perfect. Yesterday I found my husband kneeling in the shower after work, plugging his ears, and praying his heart out! Praying has always been an issue for him; he feels that he doesn't "know how to do it right". I explained that when I pray, I just talk to God. It's just a way for us to keep in touch with the Father, and I'm not sure of other people's philosophy of praying, their technique, their rules, but I believe there's no wrong way to pray. We can be yelling at Him and it could still be praying. In all circumstances, virtually all day, we should be praying.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Philippians 4:6 

*Anywho*
I think God's timing on this was perfect. Why did it take three years for us to see a movie we desperately wanted to see? Why didn't be borrow it from my In-laws? There were so many ways we could have picked it up to watch it, but why yesterday? Well, because God is perfect and he knows what we need, when we need it. Recently, we've both been convicted of a few things. My husband said he feels compelled to work for the church, do something for them, serve in some way. I have been having feelings that I don't particularly want to talk about, but lets just say that I feel like I'm getting a few things wrong. Then, we watched Fireproof. Hand over the box of tissues! Sheesh, that had a much larger impact on both of us than I thought it would. God knows what our hearts need, and apparently that movie was what we needed to see at that exact moment. I won't go in to details about our plan, because, well, we don't have one yet! But, I'm sure I'll update as I can.

1. I am thankful for the Fireproof movie!
2. I am thankful that my husband has a job in which he is able to help people!
3. I am thankful that my husband is turning a corner in his relationship with SO many people, including God!
4. I am thankful for the Lord's perfect timing. Sometimes there are things that happen that don't make sense at the time, and sometimes there are things that happen the only time they are going to make sense!
5. I am thankful for the gift of salvation from the Lord God Almighty! AMEN!

And, I'll end on this note :

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

0 comments: