Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thankful Journal: Day 16

HA! It's a miracle! After what, two weeks of not being able to post, I'm finally able to log in to my account! I don't know if anyone else had problems, but I couldn't access anything from Google, including Picasa and Blogger. 
So...let the thankful journal continue...
I had a super weekend with my family. I did NOT want to go camping last weekend because I've been such a stress bucket lately. I had a huge paper due on Monday, bills were piling up thanks to a major checking account error, and our Suburban was acting a little funny and we had no money to fix it!
Nevertheless, my husband said we were going camping, so we packed up and headed out. We got an amazing camping spot and the Suburban got fixed just before we headed up to the mountains. Things were working out.

Boy am I glad that I didn't pitch a fit about camping; we would have ended up not going and boy would we have missed out! It's funny how the Lord puts things in to place for you just when you need them. He sure knew we needed a break, needed family time, needed the fresh air and the NO PEOPLE :) We saw a few cars drive by, but other than that, we only encountered two people on motorcycles the entire weekend. It was fantastic! It was great to get out with my Sister-in-law, her husband, my nephew, and my family. We picked huckleberries, went on a nice walk, and sat around the fire just having a ball. The kids did well, Hannah did better than expected, and I really really really really enjoyed myself. I told my husband I had not felt closer to him in a long time. It was food for the soul and a reminder of all the things that God has done for us to make this a place that we can enjoy. 

Looking over the mountains, you cannot ignore how majestic this world is, and what's more is that God created it in only 6 days. The mountains, the trees, the plants, the water, the EVERYTHING...in 6 days. Do we enjoy His creation like we should? Do we get out enough to appreciate the several different kinds of plants? While we were picking huckleberries, my husband was thinking about just how much food is on this Earth that grows out in the wild, food that the Lord put there for us to eat. It's a valid question; I never really thought of going out in to the mountains to pick berries...but they're naturally sweet and nutritious and FREE. God put that there for US to enjoy. He puts everything here for US to ENJOY!

1. I am thankful for all of God's creations!
2. I am thankful for the awareness of what God has created for me to enjoy!
3. I am thankful for the ability to get out and enjoy hikes, mountains, fresh air, campfires, and all those other things!
4. I am thankful that I married a man that fully supports getting outdoors and spending time with our family!
5. I am thankful for the gift of salvation from the Lord God Almighty! AMEN!

Have a beautiful day!

0 comments: