Saturday, November 6, 2010

Review: Then Sings My Soul






I recently received a copy of Then Sings My Soul by Robert J. Morgan to review. My first impression was great; the cover art was nice, I loved the torn edges of the pages, and it's a substantial book with 320 pages. 

Then Sings My Soul is a collection of favorite hymns along with the story of how they came to be. The history behind the hymns has always fascinated me, so this is why I was drawn to this particular book in the first place. The hymn itself is featured on the left page, while the story behind the hymn is featured on the right. Additionally (since I am a bit of an organizational fanatic), I really loved how they were categorized in to Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and Other Favorites. This makes it incredibly easy to quickly turn to a particular "theme" of hymn.

I really have no negative things to say about Then Sings My Soul. Honestly, this fact surprised me. Usually I can find something wrong with a book, but this book gets 5 stars across the board. If you are looking for a book with all-time favorite hymns and would like the history behind them as well, this is a fantastic book. Very well written, very well organized, and very fun to read!




Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

0 comments: