Friday, February 25, 2011

Thoughts on a newspaper article

I'll admit, this is the first time in a long time I've actually been compelled to write a blog...mainly because what I have to say is far too long to post on my facebook status :) 
I was reading the newspaper this morning and came across an article in my local newspaper about some vandals who broke in to an art consignment gallery and vandalized $16,000 worth of irreplaceable art (Buley, 2011).
Now, this is incredibly unfortunate, and like the gallery owner, I also wonder who would get their kicks from vandalizing art, I had an "ah-ha!" moment when I read something she said.

*Controversial Issue Notice*

In the article, the owner "struggles to understand how someone could enjoy standing in front of another's creation, ruin it" (Buley, 2011, p. C8). Although I realize this has everything to do with art, do we NOT do that with abortion EVERY SINGLE DAY? How many of God's precious creations do we destroy? How many babies (read: irreplaceable works of art) are aborted every year? How many women (read: irreplaceable works of art) are damaged because of their abortion, either physically, mentally, or emotionally?


Somewhere around week 5, the baby's heart begins to beat...could YOU stop a beating heart?

Just some food for thought :) I thought it interesting that people get so outraged over $16,000 worth of vandalized art but don't bat an eye when we hear there are close to a million abortions every year. 





Reference:
Buley, Bill. "Attack on artwork." Coeur d'Alene Press 24 Feb. 2011, sec. Local: C1, C8. Print.

0 comments: