Monday, April 4, 2011

Review: Couples Who Pray






Rating: 4 stars

I was provided a copy of Couples who pray from booksneeze a few weeks ago. My overall impression of this book is positive, and I cannot actually note any glaring negatives about the book. 

I never imagined that, to date, this would be the most difficult review I would have to write. I believe that every couple will experience this book differently, depending on where they are in their journey, depending on how they pray, etc. The book centers around a 40 day prayer challenge where the reader and their spouse commit to doing 5 minutes of joint prayer each day. There is a supplemental website that has wonderful information on it depending on where you are in the challenge; my husband and I considered this a great resource. Some readers may have never experienced joint prayer with their spouse, and if they have, it was never outside of mealtimes. This book introduces the concept of joint prayer and as such, would be a phenomenal reference for the beginner, from statistics and interviews with real couples who pray, to a general guideline of how one might get started. 

That leads me to my three favorite things about the book: statistics, real couples who pray, and the website. All three items in the book make it very, very helpful and it links it (at least for me) to the "real world" and how this concept has affected people and their marriages.

In short, I recommend this book, I give it four stars. My husband and I have always prayed separately, but this book has gently guided us through the concept of praying together which has added a different level of intimacy to our marriage. Something about bearing your soul to your spouse and God...it's pretty amazing.

If you are interested in purchasing Couples who pray, Amazon has copies for sale.




Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

0 comments: