Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fred Meyer trip 5/13

Now that I have a few shopping trips under my belt, I think I can officially say that I do have the hang of this, and I encourage anyone who has the means to at least try couponing. You really can save some money. 
A few weeks ago I had every intention of heading to Walgreens, but I chickened out. Instead, Brandon and I headed to Fred Meyer to take advantage of a deal on cheese and cereal. We're pretty brand loyal to Tillamook cheese, but it's a little on the expensive side. Fred Meyer had this cheese on sale for $4.99 for a 2 lb brick, so we had to go. This is what I came out with:

Kellogg Pop Tarts- 2 boxes @ 2/$4
Rice Krispies- 2 boxes @ $1.98/box
Kelloggs Fiber Bars- 2 boxes @ $1.99/box
Neutrogena Shampoo- $3.99
Neutrogena Conditioner- $3.99
Pepsi- 2 12 packs @ $3.25 per pack
Mt. Dew- 2 12 packs @ $3.25 per pack
Pampers Diapers (31 count)- $8.99
Tillamook Cheese- $4.99
Caress Body Wash- $3.99


Total Retail: $50.89


These are the deals that I played on:


Kelloggs Products- 6 for $10 w/ $2.00 coupon = 6 for $8 ($1.33 per box)
Pepsi Products- 4 for $13 w/ $3.00 off coupon = 4 for $10 ($2.50/12 pack or $.20 per can)
Pampers Diapers- $1.50 coupon = $7.49 ($.24 per diaper)
Tillamook Cheese- $1.00 coupon = $3.99 ($1.99/lb)
Neutrogena- $5 off 2 peelie coupon from in-store = $2.98 for TWO (63% savings)
Caress Bodywash- $3 off coupon = $.99


Total Paid: $33.45


Savings: $17.44 or 34%


Once again, let's take it a step further and go price-per-item:


Full Retail: $3.39 per item
With savings: $2.23 per item


Highlights:
  • Diapers: Typically I purchase the large packs from Amazon Mom; Huggies run me around $.18 to $.20 per diaper, and the Pampers cost me $.24 per diaper. I've been wanting to try Pampers, so it was worth it to me to venture out and purchase a small pack just in case they didn't work. Also, paying $7.49 for a pack of diapers isn't horrible. I probably won't do it again, but at least I didn't pay full retail ($9.99).
  • Soda: This is a luxury item around here because of the increasing prices of soda. To find 4 packs for $10 was a great deal and figured it'd be nice to have a "treat" in the house.
  • Neutrogena Shampoo/Conditioner: I don't think you could find a better deal on this set. This was the expensive $5.99/bottle stuff, on sale for $3.99, and Fred Meyer had a yellow peelie coupon on the rack for $5 off two. I happened to be looking for more Neutrogena shampoo so I was pretty pumped when I saw this deal. I saved 62% on this set.
  • Body Wash: The Caress body wash wasn't on my list because I have some B&BW that I'm trying to use up. BUT...the coupon was expiring the next day and you can't beat $.99 for  your stockpile
As much as I would love to find deals like the Shampoo and Body wash deal that I got at FM, I just haven't been able to work it out yet. I've only been couponing for a few weeks so I'm sure it comes with experience, but I am excited about my savings even if it is only half of what other people save!










0 comments: