Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Interesting...

Awhile back when the Duggar's announced they were pregnant (before the loss was announced, obviously), I had posted my congratulations on my facebook page. A baby is a blessing, whether it's your first or your 20th! However, there were some people on my facebook who were a little less "enthusiastic" about it; one person said it was "disturbing and disgusting" and the other person said other negative comments I do not wish to repeat. 

I understand that not everyone shares my beliefs, and that's OKAY! I'm fine with that. What I don't understand is how someone could say things like that. 

Interestingly enough, one of those people posted their excitement about the new season of MTV's popular "documentary" series "16 and Pregnant". 

Interesting...

So it's deplorable for a married, well-adjusted couple to welcome their 20th child in to the world, a couple who raises productive members of society, but the idea of BABIES HAVING BABIES is something that is celebrated and looked forward to? 

What the *heck* is going on here? I understand that not everyone likes the idea of someone having 20 kids, but I *really* don't think that this is about the fact that little Jubilee was the Duggars' 20th child, but rather, it was about their beliefs. The Duggars were following their beliefs, their convictions...and they get attacked for it on a daily basis. And I'm not saying that the girls featured on the MTV show don't get criticized or beat down...but the idea that one is celebrated and the other is castigated is extremely puzzling to me. Doesn't that send the wrong message? 


Now, this isn't about "Teen Moms" and criticizing them. I was a teen mom; I was 18 when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. But the idea that this type of thing seems to be so accepted, but a married couple having a baby seems so unaccepted, that's just strange to me.

0 comments: