Thursday, March 15, 2012

No Kids Allowed

In the past year or so there has been increased attention on places that are enforcing "no kids allowed" rules. This, to me, is very strange. To be fair, I think that having kid-free locations can be appropriate, but general "no kids" rules seem to be the next "big" thing and I think it's horrible. 

Our children are starting out their lives being discriminated against RIGHT OFF THE BAT. What's next? Kids must occupy the back of a bus, use special water fountains and bathrooms, and must stay out of movie theaters? I think that this could get really out of control, and the really sad thing is that it's not only the kids who have to deal with this, but the parents as well. It's already difficult enough to take a kid to a restaurant, but to have restaurants NOT allow them AT ALL? That seems absurd to me. I sure hope the future of this fad isn't grocery stores banning children-I'd lose my most valuable helpers :( 

This is part of a bigger issue that I see, and that is the attacks on the family, and sometimes children in general. But my problem is this: people not being able to go where they want to go, or being forbidden from being somewhere SIMPLY BECAUSE OF WHO THEY ARE OR SOMETHING ABOUT THEM THAT PEOPLE DON'T LIKE. That doesn't sit well with me at all...

0 comments: