Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Book Review: Let the Beatitudes Be My Attitude in You

Let the Beatitudes BE My Attitude In You
Begin the Quest
By Marlin Harris
Rating: Four Stars


I am always looking to learn more about the Bible, deepen my faith, and see what God hopes for our lives so I was ecstatic to receive an e-book of this title to review. Let the Beatitudes does not disappoint. This book is an excellent resources for learning and understanding the Beatitudes and provides an extremely in-depth examination of them in an easy-to-read and easy-to-understand format.

Harris refers to the Beatitudes on page 1 as "God's heart language"...a language in which profound meaning and intent are displayed, and Harris definitely communicates each of the beatitudes to us using what I believe to be *his* "heart language", as this book is thoughtfully put together with Harris pouring a whole mess of intent and love and meaning in to each of the beatitudes in a successful attempt to convince the reader how important the Beatitudes are, as well as the meaning behind them and some Biblical examples illustrating the Beatitude Harris is discussing. 

I am not ashamed to admit that I had no idea what the Beatitudes were...I didn't grow up in church and my family didn't read the Bible. I identify myself as a "baby Christian with so much to learn" and I definitely found this book helpful. So, I can definitely speak from a perspective of not understanding or knowing much about the Beatitudes and say that this book was definitely helpful in clarifying the Beatitudes and conveying their importance to me. I am not sure if a more advanced Christian, one who is already familiar with the Beatitudes, would have as much to gain from this book as I did, but it might. The Biblical examples in this book are aplenty and the explanation of the Beatitudes is quite good. 

Overall, I definitely recommend this book for anyone who is unfamiliar with the Beatitudes. 

You can purchase this book at Amazon  



I was provided a copy of this book in e-book format from Booksneeze for my complete and unbiased review. All opinions are my own.

0 comments: