Saturday, February 1, 2014

40 Day Retreat with Jesus- Day 1

Yesterday I received a copy of the Compass Bible from Booksneeze for review (review to come...) and I was very excited to see this 40 Day Retreat with Jesus in there! I've always wanted to feature a reading plan on my blog not only for accountability purposes, but because I believe it's important to spread the word of God in any way possible. This is a journey through the New Testament using The Voice translation in my Compass Bible.

Day 1 feature passage: Romans 12:1-2

Brother and sisters, in light of all I have shared with you about God's mercies, I urge you to offer your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice to God, a sacred offering that brings Him pleasure; this is your reasonable, essential worship. Do not allow this world to mold you in its own image. Instead, be transformed from the inside out by renewing your mind. As a result, you will be able to discern what God wills and whatever God finds good, pleasing, and complete. 

The Compass Bible states that Paul was urging believers to offer their whole bodies including their hands, eyes, and hearts, as a living sacrifice. 

While reading and meditating on this passage, I focused on what I believe a living sacrifice should be, and I believe that we are called to bring glory to God in every way possible...using our hands, hearts, and bodies to glorify Him. What are some ways we can do that? We are called to change our hearts and our minds, to not lust after Earthly things...to me, living that transformation and that mindset is a living sacrifice. If we want to change our thinking, I believe the only way to do that is through the Word.  

 

0 comments: