Saturday, February 22, 2014

40 Day Retreat with Jesus: Day 22

Today we're in the book of Luke. Remember, I'm using the Compass study Bible that uses The Voice translation! Once again, this is a rather long selection today so I will not be including it.

Today's focus: 
Luke 11:29-36

This requires some context. Jesus is doing his thing, performing miracles and doing good works, and yet the people still demanded some sort of sign that he was "the guy". He knew that a million signs wouldn't change the minds of these people...

In doing this post and some additional study, I came across a magnificent resource from Bible.com that breaks up this section and discusses it piece by piece. It's amazing work and you can find it here.  I highly recommend checking out this study as I believe it describes the church today and adds so much understanding to this passage!


0 comments: