Monday, February 24, 2014

40 Day Retreat with Jesus: Day 24

Today's passage is another lengthy one, one that I won't post here because, as usual, it's a lot of typing. So...here goes ;)
 
Today's focus: 
Acts 13:42-52

Many a leader has been upset by the turnouts and crowds of people who wanted to hear God's word and learn about Him...this particular incident is no different. The "leaders" were upset by this and tried to cause hate and discontent. Eventually Paul and Barnabas were driven out of the region, and instead of getting upset and not continuing with their work, they adopted a "Fine, I'll go find my own sandbox" mentality and left the area full of joy. They were not deterred or intimidated by these people, they were trying to do them a favor by spreading God's word to them first, but when they were not welcome, they simply turned their focus elsewhere. I wish I could do that when I get my beliefs held under a microscope!
 

0 comments: