Thursday, August 14, 2014

How do you do it?

It's no secret that I have a big family, and I do, for the most part, LOVE having a big family. What I don't love, are silly comments from usually well-meaning strangers about "Oh, better you than me" or "Wow, how do you do it?"

Has anyone ever considered that those types of comments may be hurtful? Especially to the curious little ears listening in on the conversation? 

It is so important to be mindful of our words, regardless of who we are talking to. Words can be powerful, words can be profound-they can build or they can burn. 

Now, I don't say anything mean to these well meaning strangers as you attract more flies with honey rather than vinegar, I've certainly heard my fair share of funny or witty comebacks, but they always seem so bitter. I don't want to convey a spirit of bitterness, even to a stranger and *especially* when it comes to comments about my family. Sometimes simply saying "Thank you" and walking away is all that is necessary.

0 comments: