Thursday, February 12, 2015

Review: Make It Happen by Lara Casey



 Make it Happen By Lara Casey
Five stars


I love books...I just love them. There is something I find incredibly satisfying about holding a book in my hand, feeling the pages...it's just a glorious feeling. That's probably why I review them :)

ANYWHO...I like to take time with the books that I have to really absorb the message and offer a comprehensive review and my take on it. I've had the pleasure of reading and reviewing Make it Happen: Surrender your fear, take the leap, live on purpose by Lara Casey and this time, it didn't take me weeks to write a review because I was absorbing it (okay, maybe partially) but because I was busy implementing the advice and tools offered in this book in to my real life. This is a life.changing.book.

MIH, as I'll lovingly refer to this book, was an absolute page-turner for me...I ate up just about every sentence Casey wrote because it so incredibly applied to me personally. I was just touched by this book in a way I haven't been in a long time, and it lit a fire right in my chest to make some changes. This book discusses how fear can hold us back...not that whole "my life is in danger" fear, but fear of all sorts of things-failure, success (yes, you can be afraid of success), responsibility, change, etc. Lara asks us to search within ourselves and GET RAW, figure out what fear is holding us back, why it's holding us back, and even asks the question I hate to ask...where would you be if you didn't have these things holding you back? But it's much more than fear...it can be obligations or even self-hate that holds us back from realizing our true potential, gifts, and mission in life. For some reason, of all the books similar to this that I have read, this one had the most profound effect on me and actually made me *want* to take a look at myself, answer the questions she presents, and figure out what the heck I'm doing...

The chapters are not incredibly lengthy, and they're full of valuable stuff including experiences, thought provoking questions, and even some prompts to check out a corresponding website where she offers videos or other supplemental items to add on to what she's saying in the book. She not only discusses fear, but how to overcome it with the help of God, and is constantly asking us to evaluate ourselves to figure out how we are living and who we are *really* living for. Are we living a life chasing happiness, or are we living a life in pursuit of God? Overall, aside from the Bible of course, this is a manual in how to overcome fear, why you should overcome it, and living a more purposeful, direction/goal-oriented life that glorifies God and brings you peace and wellness. 

This book absolutely deserves five stars...it's wonderfully written, it's easy to relate to, it includes scripture and Biblical truth, but it deserves five stars also because it's easy to read and friendly...I really felt like I was having a conversation with a loving friend. The way Casey has presented herself to her readers is like finding that soul sister, that sister-in-Christ that you can always talk to, even with your issues you'd rather not share with others. She's just...warm. 

If you are interested in reading this book, I highly, highly recommend it. You can purchase it here!





I received a copy of this book free in exchange for my honest opinion from BookLook bloggers. All opinions expressed are my own!

0 comments: